Wednesday, March 16, 2005

SHE'S HOME...BUT, AS USUAL, THERE IS SOMETHING ELSE TO WHINE ABOUT....
My computer is home and I am all snuggled into bed with her right this moment. Doing all the perverse things one does with a 37 gigabyte hardrive and RAM out the whazoo...OOOO baby...and worth ever dime of the $405 dollars it took to ransom her from Mike, the computor guru. I am feeling fulfilled again and promise to never take her for granted again...

So, I am happily home, surfing and writing new and wonderful things for the world to share. Oh, and suffering from a sore neck that means I can't turn my head. I had to leave work an hour early because all I could think about was my neck and the pain. On the drive home, I hit a patch of ice on the dirt road I live on and barrelled right into a snowbank. All I could think about was getting home and taking muscle relaxants, turning on the tv and floating off into relaxing oblivion.

Now here comes the nice thing about living in Minnesota. I walked about a half a mile to my neighbor's house to see if he could pull me out. Oops, he went to Florida to fish. His wife said that she would come and help me as soon as they were through delivering her new bed...heh heh heh...There I am, nicing it up with two furniture delivery guys like I'm a true damsel in distress and managed to hustle them into coming up the road and pushing me out. I love Minnesota.

Then it was to bed...oh shit, where did I put the flexeril? I wonder how old that is...I don't think it will poison me...I don't care if it does poison me, I want drugs. I also have a stash of Lortabs around here someplace, too...but, I can't really remember where they are either. I've either gotten too old to remember where my stash is or my days as a dedicated part time user don't mean as much to me. Ain't it a bitch when you find out that all the drugs are to relieve discomfort and tripping is something you are afraid of because you might break a hip.

So, I'm semi-loopy, will worry about the Lortab tomorrow, have discovered that taking muscle relaxants that expired five years ago won't kill you and truly enjoying the light coming from my screen and the comforting whir of whatever in the hell it is that goes around inside of my baby. And, I am heartily thankful that I didn't name her...although, apparently I did sex her...what's that called? Oh, hell, I don't care...loopy signing out with more to come now that I am whole again!

3 comments:

Kim said...

You'll be happy to know that it's my experience that Demerol doesn't go bad in five years either. Normally, demerol wouldn't last that long around here, but it just so happens I found two in an abondoned bottle in my closet. I love shelf stability...

CW FISHER said...

That's a long way to go to get unstiffened! Your humor, I see, gets you through what would be to others a pain in the neck. I do enjoy your writing.

Webmiztris said...

I'm looking forward to getting older - I want to take some good pills too!!

Mmmm, Ultram. Those were my favs...did you ever take those?

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...