Wednesday, January 26, 2005

FORGET ABOUT SPONGEBOB...

Where were all those self righteous people when I was seeing those women above on tv? Daily, in re-runs? I mean, Gale Storm...short hair, single, shorts, cruise ship activities director? What about Zelda? Sure, on tv you were led to believe she wanted Dobie, but I knew she really wanted me, only me. And then there's Mrs. Hathaway. The epitome of self assured, no nonsense womanhood. In control of her life, her destiny and her sexuality.

I mean, I knew I was normal when all of these women showed up on my little black and white screen. That is, I thought I was normal until the seventh grade when I asked a girl to a dance and then went through hell and hatred for the rest of my school years. Yeah, if those zealots had been around, I would have known that there were those kinds of hateful people out there and just kept my big mouth shut. I still would have been who I was, but with their imposed shaming and blaming I would have learned to lie, deceive those around me and lead a generally miserable life.

Luckily, I had enough of an attitude to not care. And I still don't....and as I've said before, if they don't like it...they can kiss my queer ass!

12 comments:

DementedPhotographer said...

Imagine what might happen if they put that same energy toward something that really matters, like ending starvation and poverty?

-G

Anonymous said...

oh Miss Jane Hathaway, ms man energy surges at the thougyt
Mike
seniorthinking.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oh Miss Jane Hathaway, my man energy surges at the thought
Mike
seniorthinking.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

No no no no no - Miss Jane had it bad for Jethro. It was totally unrequited.

Princess Wild Cow said...

Jethro was, as is known by insiders, beard...think about it.

Panthergirl said...

Jethro WAS the beard. We knew it all along. I'm surprised I didn't "turn gay" from watching all of those episodes. What a bunch of dopes.

Webmiztris said...

It's sad that people can't simply be themselves. Why must people suck?

Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com

Ignatius M. Dedd said...

the people running around screaming their gay hatred are the sons and daughters of the people yelling exactly the same crap about blacks fifty years ago. they will join their parents in history's dustbin.

Unknown said...

Sponge Bob?
Gay Bob!

C said...

Poor Buster Baxter, can't show lesbians . Damn retarded Bush administration department of Education. I love PBS. I love the fact that they don't pander as much as regular stations. I am sorry that they have to rely on that grant money. It is probably because of "viewers like me" who watch but don't pony up the dough during donation time.

I listen to NPR too. am i going to hell?

I don't know about the Jethro beard thing, but i never had question one about Zelda.

Kim said...

LoL, Great observations, however, I'm pretty sure Ms. Hathaway was lusting over my sister...

Anonymous said...

What about that time Jethro dressed in drag and played Jethrene? I mean, come on! And Velma on Scooby Doo? Totally gay. Spongebob ain't got nothing on the stuff we had while growing up!

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...