Friday, October 15, 2004

FOUR OUTTA FIVE AIN'T BAD

That's the number of work days this week I have fought this cold. And lost. I did make it to work one day. I suppose I could have made it more if I didn't live an hour out of town. That and getting showered, dressed and there and back turns into a 15 hour day when you can't breathe because the world has deposited all of its snot in your sinus cavities. Well, that was charming wasn't it.

At least I made it yesterday and had the foresight to stop at the grocery store and pile up on my favorite easy things to eat. And, I discovered the new, improved Hormel's Chili in a box, no preservatives, .7 ounces less than the can, and 30 cents more. I bought the house brand, in a can, for 60 cents less than I previously paid for the now unavailable Hormel's. That will show them. Or me. I could open the can and find out that it is the slimiest crap this side of my nose. And no preservatives? How do they do that...is it irradiated? And if it is shouldn't it say so? And would radiation cause my body any more harm than the younger years of drug and alcohol hasn't already done? More about that later.

2 comments:

hyelbaine said...

Bummer, that cant be fun. Hope you'll get well soon aight ;)

Cheers!!! :D

Benjamin Solah said...

The analogy about all the world's snot in ur sinuses is lovely, very charming ;)

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...