Sunday, October 31, 2004

TATER TOTS BE DAMNED...

I have vowed to never jump to the challenge again. I believe that somewhere in the contract for the Most Sarcastic Person at work there is a clause the preempts one from rising to dares.

The picture of said Tater Tot Hotdish will appear tomorrow under the heading of "Never Again." Here is what I learned. Without the addition of Cheeze Whiz or Velveeta there is nothing to hold the conglomeration together. I did step outside the box and added: one pound of chopped onions, four cloves of garlic, tabasco sauce, and worcestershire sauce...still not enough to compensate for the general blandness and oddity of the dish.

However, while I was making it a thought came to me...I bet this was based on Shephard's Pie. Now those of you who have had Shephard's Pie can see the slight similarities. Shepard's Pie is a thick, rich beef stew with a topping of mashed potatoes and baked in the over...or even buttermilk biscuits...Aha, the connection is made. Unfortunately, the similarity ends there.

As for the amount that was made, well, that will also be the bane of my existence for the rest of the week. I see an amount available for approximately three lunches, two dinners and more than the dog will be able to accept as a treat mixed in the dried dog food. She, too, has her limits.

I would have loved to upload the picture tonight, but at 26kbps I was afraid that I just didn't have the patience.

Now, a confession. I have added a "Do Not View" blog to my list. Just one and it really chaps my ass that I did it. I can handle those who have different opinions than mine. I can handle those who want to talk about their opinions. But to imply that I am stupid because I disagee, to insinuate that I am not a patriot, to go so far as to suggest that I am utterly worthless in the eyes of the "all-knowing," well, there are two words I have for you, and they are not "Bite Me." I am not stupid, I wish I knew more, I am constantly seeking knowledge, I am tolerant, I am accepting and that is why it bothers me that I have censored you. I am a patriot. I am not a nationalist. Historical precedence shows the result of nationalism, and I just won't go there and I don't think you would either if you looked at the effects of it.

I don't even know if you will know who you are. I am sorry. Perhaps in a while, after the election, I will go back. Maybe I won't be so sensitive then. Maybe the sense of humor that I pride myself on will return. Until then, baby, I won't be reading your blog.


3 comments:

Kirkkitsch said...

I know it's my blog. I just know it. Damn me and my tater tot-hating ways!

Juuuust kidding. I love tater tots. Have you ever had chili-cheese tater tots? They sell 'em at out local Sonic (fast food footlong coney place). I'd never had them before until about 6 years ago. They're delish!

Happy Halloween!

-Kirk :)

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I have five in my do-not-view list. But doggone it, I am just that sick of trying to last thirty seconds with a salesman or a politician or a font that requires a magnifying glass. I am a busy important personage with many, many busy important things awaiting my point of view and I can't be arsed to sit here and endure such boring things while busy and important things are out there to be experienced. You know, like sleeping late and eating things that rot my teeth. Teeth-rotting substances are WAY more important than politics or sales. And a lot more attractive, too. Heck. The rotting teeth themselves are more attractive than salespeople and politicians. Oh, and hello again!

annette said...

lol.

I admit I have 15 on mine. But, in my defense they are all the business/advertising blogs. If I wanted to read those blogs I'd do an internet search thanks very much...

Haven't added any 'personal' blogs to my list yet. But that is only because the advertising blogs bother me more than the ones that insult my intelligence - I find those ones somewhat amusing. :)

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...