Saturday, May 21, 2005

FOOD, MY FAVORITE MEAL


I am sure you have all heard me talk about food from time to time...okay, a little more often than that. My newest food discovery is just a twist on an old favorite. I am sure that many of you have had, the all time favorite--hot pepper jelly.

You spread it on a cracker with some creamed cheese and down as many as you can. If you are me, you can call it a meal. After all, those little crackers in sufficient quantity can fill a person.

There is now a new twist to this delight. It comes with GARLIC! Now, as you spread the creamed cheese onto a cracker (preferably not saltines, but in a pinch those will suffice) and dip your knife into the green jelly, a wonderful aroma of garlic wafts over you and the mouth starts to anticipate the sensuality of the sweetness of the jelly combined with the heat of the peppers and the seductiveness of the garlic. Your mouth will water in anticipation of the mixing flavors as you bring the cracker up to it.

Now comes the real question...do you make them one at a time? Or, do you line up a row of crackers already prepared and ready for consumption?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

never heard of hot pepper jelly! but now i want some waaaaaaaaa

Jay said...

One long row....then lock the door and unplug the phone.

Julie said...

mmm...one at a time!

Anonymous said...

Make and savor... One at a time

TheMommason said...

Have you ever premixed the jelly with the cream cheese?

And we have another one Key Lime jelly. Use with cream chesse on graham or other sweet crackers and tastes like a key lime cheesecake :-)
See now you have the main course and a desert :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes hot pepper jelly is the best.

Webmiztris said...

I've never seen that stuff before!! I like cheese melted over Town House crackers myself. FREAKING YUM!

Anonymous said...

Who added SPAM to the menu???

Carolyn said...

I would make them about 3 at a time, just to make sure I want more before I have a heapload left.

IDEA: Try serving the hot pepper jelly over pork chops. It's quite tasty!!

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...