Monday, April 25, 2005

BOOKS, BOOKS, I LOVES ME SOME BOOKS


KIRK over at My So-Called Strife sent me the book meme. I have been just going bonkers trying to figure out what my five books on a deserted island would be, but I think I have them now.

Here's all you need to know about the Princess as it relates to books:

If you couldn't get out of "Fahrenheit 451," what book would you like to be in?"

  • The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley (Lots of strong women wearing cool costumes. I'm shallow!)

Did you ever have a crush on a fictional character?

  • Scarlet O'Hara in Gone With the Wind. (That woman knew what she wanted and wasn't going to be stopped!)

What was the last book you bought?

  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

What was the last book you read?

  • The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

What book are you reading now?

  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Five books you would take with you to a deserted island? (This was hard, folks!)

  • Goedel, Eshcher and Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by Douglas R. Hofstadter
  • Welcome to the Monkey House by Kurt Vonnegut
  • Erections, Ejaculations and Tales of A Dirty Old Man by Charles Bukowski (out of print, but I have one.)
  • Ulysses by James Joyce
  • The Collected Poems of W. B. Yeats

I think that those would keep me occupied until the end of time.

Now, who do I pass this on to?

Andrena who will always fascinate me with whatever she says. Scott because he cracks me up and it's time he knew I existed. (All about me, you know.) And, finally, Karma because I know that someday I will be her love slave.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh princess, i am so honoured!
have been trying to read Joyce's Ulysses since like the last 25 years. But give me Gabriel Garcia Marquez anytime, I will read all his books over and over - and a deserted island seems a nice place to do it in :))

Anonymous said...

Hi Princess Wild Cow,

Andrena sent me over. I'm very new at all of this blog stuff, but between yours and Andrena's, you two keep me quite amused. Thankx.

I enjoy your writings of self expression and also how you represent yourself. You were very gracious in responding to the person who wrote anonymously.

If you don't mind, I'll be stopping by sometime. I don't have a site - just a reader, but you all probably have another name for it.

Andrena's seminary sister - Gloria

cube said...

G.E.B. is on my favorites list.
Hofstadter also wrote one entitled, Metamagical Themas which I enjoyed as well.

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...