Saturday, June 18, 2005


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Caden and Jack (Jonny's new nickname...) in Granny's bed as she gets ready to warp his little mind a little more. Today was a pretty big day for the boy. Grandma's Marathon was there for him to watch in town with his mom and dad, met Granny at Pike Lake and got a slurpee (cherry), topped at the basketball court on the way out to Granny's house, swam with the puppy in the lake, took a rinse off shower and got ready to watch, EXORCIST, THE BEGINNING...with Granny. I know, I suck as a positive role model for viewing movies, but I figure he's going to start watching some of this crap on his own some day and at least we can talk about how silly and weird some of this stuff is. I know...still not a good thing. Hey, this granny is up for not hiding too much from the boy. It does him good to keep telling me it's just a movie. The scariest part was when I screamed a bunch of dirty words because I got startled by a flying fake bat. In Caden's own words, "Cheez, Granny, you're scarier than any movie." Little does he know.

It's amazing the stuff kids know about that you assume they don't. He asks me questions all the time that would be easy to avoid. Tough break, kiddo. You ask, you get the answer. I'm walking proof of the saying, "Be careful what you ask for..."

Tomorrow we are going to try and take a picture of the bird that has built a nest on my front porch. The eggs must be getting close to hatching time. It will be fun to try and get a picture of them with their little mouths open and begging for mom to fill their tummies. We will also plant some flower seeds and see what grows now that the fear of freezing has truly past. And then he will head back into town to spend Father's Day with his dad.

Other than Caden news, not much else is going on. I seem to be fighting off a kind of malaise that has me wanting to dig deeper and deeper into my isolation. I love going days without speaking a word, without having to drive, without having to think...hey, maybe I'm some kind of mystic just waiting for the voices to flow through me. Or, maybe I'm just a crabby old lady willing to live out her life with very few distractions.

I have noticed that I can't think on a political level too well, these days. Anger starts and I feel paralyzed by an inability to react in such a way that doesn't involve invectives. I have been thinking about taking classes at the university...but, that will wait until I can take them for free as an old fogey. My self guided learning experiences take me into the world of the darkness of history.

I tend to be as shallow as I possibly can. The only paper I read now is the Sunday NYT...someone has to tell me if anything exciting is happening here in town. The local news that I watch is from LA, via satellite and has no relevance to me except for the phenomena of car chases. Thank goodness for Netflix and movie channels or I would simply fall into the world of the internet. I have visions of becoming that Tron-like character from some old movie who travels an an electron throughout the world of computers.

Hell, I am rambling and think I need to get a grip, finish the laundry and watch the rest of this stupid movie called White Noise as I put my feet back onto the ground and find a definitive purpose that I can measure in definable terms...

Bird pictures, for example.

No comments:

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...