Monday, June 20, 2005

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

SUMMER DAY IN MINNESOTA

We don't get a lot of them and this was certainly it. Top left is the bird nesting on the front porch. A nice little thing, well, except for the poop on the porch. Top right is a view of Aerie Lake, where I live. There are loons, eagles, hawks and all other sort of wildlife. The nicest part of the lake is that it is so quiet. There is no public access and the price we pay for that is we have to stock our fish. Bottom left is Jack, lounging on the three season porch. This is where I eat the peanut butter and jelly when I say that I am "camping." Bottom right is Jules with her slimy tongue sticking out and wiping her nose. Talented dog. Jack is in the background and I'm not real sure why the floor is so shiny, it's certainly not that clean. Also, note that good mommy has given dog a rawhide bone which will result in death defying gas later in the evening.

Also, thanks to you all for the concern about the nightmares. I must say that when I remember the medication, the dreams are pretty vivid...just not violent. I have had barbecue with Tom Waits while we discussed music, sang friendship songs to children with Queen Latifah and bungee jumped off of the Sydney Bridge. I am usually very meticulous about my medicine. In addition to medication for my "craziness," I have blood pressure medication, cholesterol lowering medication, medication for hypothyroidism, arthritis and...allergy pills. I call this the prescription for a misspent youth and then some. If I hadn't medicated myself so well earlier in my life...or if I had continued that medication, or...if I would just eat right, exercise, and spend the rest of my life in therapy I could probably cut back.

Not gonna happen...

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

What nice pics- that lake looks so cool! And yes, you're in for some dog farts by the looks of that bone. HAPPY SOLSTICE!

Contrarian said...

Cute pictures :-)

chazinc.blogspot.com

Gossip Girl said...

lucky.
I would kill to dream about Tom Waits. Instead, my nightmares involve that chick from the OC.

Unknown said...

you live by a lake! how delighful

zydeco fish said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one posting about farts. Clearly that's not true.

Unknown said...

I'd love to live on a lake! I've got a small pond, but it's not the same. Handsome critters you got there. I've always heard that if you want unconditional love get a dog.

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...