Sunday, June 19, 2005

NOTE TO SELF: When attempting to determine the cause for previously noticed moodiness and self-indulgence always take into consideration:
  1. Duh, I neglected to take my medication (antidepressant) prior to going to sleep last night because I was too damn lazy to go downtairs and get some water to take it with.
  2. I experience vivid, bizarre dreams without any added reason...i.e. not taking medication prior to sleep.
  3. Last night night the dreams were exceptionally disturbing...how about a man breaking into an upstairs apartment where I was staying and stabbing me repeatedly with many sharpened knives. I kept recognizing the knife by the type of wound that was left. Most painful wound caused by serrated blade stuck through neck, hmmm?
  4. After that, upon awakening, I decided to spend the rest of night watching shallow Lifetime movies...mother attempting to kill daughters rival cheerleading friend's mother.

NOTE TO SELF: TAKE MEDICINE, WATCH COOKING CHANNEL IN MIDDLE OF NIGHT, FIGURE THIS OUT BEFORE BLOGGING IN SUCH A SELF PITYING FASHION.

OVER AND OUT.

10 comments:

John said...

I have found through my own experience that the more murderous TV shows I watch (CSI, Law and Order, Crossing Jordan, etc.) the more violent and unsettling my dreams are. I'm addicted to crap TV myself but when I remember to watch happier stuff I have a happier life... just a thought.

DementedPhotographer said...

Exactly the reason I don't watch TV dramas of any sort. And I don't have any meds to take the edge off.

Perhaps I should. ;)

-G

Carolyn said...

I always have to consider: did my mother contact me that day by phone or letter? (If our previous phone conversation was bad, she always follows up with a nasty letter). She was very abusive to us growing up and is still quite mean natured at 75, so she's mainly the reason I experience depression and nightmares. I should probably go see someone about that. Take care Sarah.

Ignatius M. Dedd said...

wow...you can notice a difference if you skip ONE DAY? Seriously?

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who skips medicine because I'm already in bed and I'm soooo comfy. I do that a little too much, actually.

Anonymous said...

wow! I miss my meds every now and then, but never really made a correlation (oh big word!) between that and bad dreams....

verrry interressting......

zydeco fish said...

Yikes, that's a freaky dream. My mother skips her meds from time to time, but the results are different. I've never had a dream like that. Wow.

Heidi Bloom said...

I think I've seen that movie. The absolutlely true confessions of an alleged texas cheerleading killer mother, or something like that. I'm sure I screwed up the title. I believe Jodie foster was the mother. They said it was dark comedy, as if that was supposed to make it art or something, but the whole thing was very vacant. I geuss it was supposed to be vacant to illustrate a point, but I died of boredom in the meantime.

Unknown said...

aww please keep a bottle of water next to your bed!

The Little (Knitting) Hedgehog said...

I definitely have weird dreams when I forget my meds. Or I'm more likely to get stuck in them and/or remember them the next day. And I end up sleeping about twice as long.

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...