Wednesday, June 15, 2005

OH, WHAT FUN IT IS TO SURF....

Yesterday was one of those days of endless wandering and clicking on new sites, links on new sites, and links provided by people who commented on my blog. Lot's of fun stuff out there...for example, On Wasted Days Wasted Nites I found this list:

LIFECYCLE OF BLOGGERS

  1. Start reading blogs.
  2. You start a blog.
  3. You become a stat whore.
  4. You become really personal on your site as the online and real-life worlds start confusing you.
  5. You faux "retire" from blogging.
  6. You cave back into blogging in less than 72 hours.
  7. You decide to "get serious" about blogging.
  8. You have a pseudo flirty im/blogging/flickr flirting relationship with another blogger you have never met.
  9. You deside that you must meed other bloggers.
  10. You take a step back and metablog about blogging and what blogging has done about your blogging.
  11. See step 5.
  12. You decide that as a result of step 10 and having repeated step 5 more than 3 times in the course of your lifecycle as a blogger, that you need to sanitize or reinvent your blog.
  13. You either lose your job because of blogging, are afraid of losing your job for blogging, or join a company that builds blogging tools.
  14. You decide to start an anonymous livejournal blog.

This, of course, cracked me up and made me realize one more time that there is always a reason for stereotypes, they just don't spring unbidden from the ground. Then, the person writing the above blog posted an "after post" giving credit to the originator of the list. Min Jung’s Original Lifecycle of Bloggers goes into even more detail and should make most of us take a good look at ourselves. I say most of us, because I, of course, haven't done any of the above...(an annoying voice from somewhere is chanting...Liar Liar Pants on Fire.)

10 comments:

PATCAM 2009 said...

<~~~~ stat whore, phase 3.

Hillarious post!

Allan said...

I'll never "get serious" about blogging.

Where's the fun in that?

zydeco fish said...

someone has read my mind. scary.

SeniorGato said...

#7 here. Past the stat whore phase and at the stage where I become determined!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link!! Glad to have you drop by, come anytime.

daviso said...

yes, good post. I was way out for a very long time, then some unemployed time on my hands dragged me back in. All started with that damn IM account, way back when and then the time in 8th grade that damn sarah slipped me a note-- it was all over...

ShellyS said...

Funny and scary. Only some of it is true for me, so far. :)

DementedPhotographer said...

hmmmmm ... what if one does them out of order?

Hey there! How ARE you? What HAVE you been doing lately?

-G

Gossip Girl said...

i personally have been blogging for several months and can honestly say i suck at it. i'm a very antisocial blogger.

Eric said...

I guess I wouldnt be playing Battle of the Blogs if I wasn't a horrible stat whore.

Blog on! Your site has some really good stuff (I say that even if you do kick my butt in BotB).

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...