Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I GOT CAUGHT IN A MUSIC GO ROUND

I suppose it was bound to happen...and it did...Kirk included me in one of those "What are you listening to now" and "What is it going to tell us about you" kind of list-go-rounds. As I completed it, even I was cracking up. Go ahead, laugh, I'm 58, a child of the 60's, and, I guess, looking at this list, a hopeless romantic. Worry about whether or not I am passing it on to you...

Random 10:
  1. "Dirty Old Town" - Shane McGowan and the Popes
  2. "I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl" - Nina Simone
  3. "Warm Leatherette" - Grace Jones
  4. "If You Could See Me Now" - Etta James
  5. "Ain't No Sunshine" - Ladysmith Black Mombazo
  6. "(Your Love) Keeps Lifting Me Higher" - Jackie Wilson
  7. "All Along the Watchtower" - Bob Dylan
  8. "Angel Eyes" - Jeff Healey
  9. "Brother Getting Caught" - Los Hombres Caliente
  10. "Bird On A Wire" - K. D. Lang

What is the total amount of music files on your computer? 1410--and it's a work computer (eek)

The last CD I bought was "Putumayo Presents Women of Africa"

What is the last song you listened to before this message? "Warm Leatherette" - Grace Jones

Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:

  1. "You Turn Me On, I'm A Radio" - Joni Mitchell
  2. "With God On Our Side" - Bob Dylan
  3. "We Shall Overcome" - Staple Singers
  4. "Redwood Tree" - Van Morrison
  5. "White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

Who are you going to pass this on to:

My new friend Andrena at Heavenly Ankh, my favorite Dead Guy and, let's see, a random choice from my list to put this upon: how about Allan and Inside Allan's Mind. Now I have to e-mail them and let them know that they are IT!

3 comments:

Allan said...

Since you don't have trackbacks, I just wanted to let you know that my list will be published shortly, and I will be passing it along to a couple of more folks.

Mamacita (The REAL one) said...

I like all of your songs but HOLY COW, I'VE FOUND SOMEONE ELSE WHO LOVES JEFF HEALEY'S 'ANGEL EYES!' How cool is that? Way cool, that's how cool.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, sincerely, for both those lists. It made me rediscover a few gems I haven't listened to in ages. Merci!

Dave | Broshspotting

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...