Monday, January 31, 2005

YOU ALL RECOGNIZE THIS WOMAN, RIGHT?

So, kinda scary, huh? Well, here's how scary it really is. I set that "goal" at the beginning of January...you remember, walking, blah blah blah. Well, in that period of time I have managed to change my weight by five pounds. UP! So, those donut holes of the other night are a thing of the past. I now weigh more than I have ever weighed in my life. Now, if I were smarter than I had ever been in my life, I would feel good about this. I don't necessarily feel that bad about being this heavy, I would just like to see my feet again. They are ugly, but they are mine.

I would also like the choice of more than two pair of jeans to wear. And, it would be nice to wear something other than slip-on shoes. How about not feeling like there's something on my back when it's only the beginning of a true fat roll. Plus, I get to go see my 12 year old doctor "Kristi" next week and tell her I only put on the weight in case I got some debilitating illness in the next few weeks and found myself unable to eat. Why, I could go for a couple of months and still not be on the verge of "wasting away."

I have put Kirstie's picture up there for a very good reason. About a month ago she was on tv talking about how she was 5'8" and weighed about 200 pounds. I am 5'6" and weigh a "few" more pounds than that right now (ok, 13) and I still don't look like that. I wish the fat rolls would start at about 180 and that I carried my weight a little less easily. Until I succeed at losing some of this "emergency ration" that I have managed to acquire, I will be paying very close attention to the one thing I usually ignore....WHAT GOES IN MY MOUTH!

Gone are donut holes, chili cheese fries, brownies, macaroni and cheese, frozen pizzas and any canned foods...Here come the days of fruits, vegetables, and brown rice. No more orange juice...more water and less diet soda. And finally, no more MOCHAS. With whipped cream. And whole milk. Cottage cheese sounds so much more appetizing.

Now, to top this off, I got my hair cut today. I have short hair. I like short hair. Any time I spend more than five minutes on my hair I get pissy. So now I look like a Pillsbury Dough Boy shaped Q-tip. And, I wonder why they're not knocking down the door for a shot at this hot granma-ma!

The funny thing...I'm out of the dookie blues. Hell, this is pretty funny. On top of all of this, I probably have another kidney stone. Time to break out in song..."Always look on the bright side of life..."

By the way, all of the blogs I read over the weekend really cracked me up and helped the moodiness go away...Thanks, friends.

7 comments:

DementedPhotographer said...

Tell ya' what, I'll just eat all those donut holes and cheese fries so that you won't be tempted.

Okay?

-G

Anonymous said...

After reading your post, I'm starving again.

rfun6 said...

Im on a diet right now too. Trying to loose 60 or more pounds. So I know what its like. Only, I came to realise that if I try to diet, doing with out the things I love to eat and crave, then my diet always fails. But luckly I found a diet that lets me eat all the things I love, and still loose weight with out working out. Yep. I eat one time a day only. Anything I want, except bread products. French fries, candy bars, etc. All I can get in my mouth in an hours time. Then I can't have any more food til the next day at the same time. I have done it before and it works. Now am doing it again. So good luck on the diet. Hope you get one that works for you too.

Webmiztris said...

I wish I could get motivated to eat more veggies and brown rice and wheat and stuff like that. I have the worst diet EVER!

Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com

Janet said...

Wait, is that Kirstie Alley in that picture?

Unknown said...

Now see that is exactly why I don't make new year's resolutions. Just so you know you have made blog of the day. You can view your listing at http://blogofthedayawards.blogpost.com(i think i got that right)

CheekyMoo said...

I really believe if I see Kirstie on tv one more time saying "Jenny, I'm fat!" I might have to crawl into the tv and choke her. I hate that commercial. It's so hard to get started and stay motivated. The first couple of months I was dieting I bounced around on the scale and didn't really give it 100%. Then a lovely friend gave me a picture and I just about died when I saw how fat I'd gotten. I knew I'd gained but really didn't think it showed THAT much. Everyone has a key that unlocks the door to success. To continue mine might be choking Kirstie.

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...