Friday, January 07, 2005

You have all put away your New Year's memories by now and are well into your ordinary, mundane lives. I, however, have been cherishing my memory of New Year's and am now willing to share it with you.

I thought it was going to be a typical evening for me. Some tv, a dvd, maybe some brownies and my beverage of choice, Diet Coke. Yes, those evenings of true debauchery are behind me. No more stripping at midnight, no more awakening with the knowledge that I had some disease with the symptoms of acute brain explosion, acute stomach explosion or acute memory explosion. I had settled in with my memories and was working hard to forget them.

Then, the next thing I know, there I am, there Queen Latifah is and row upon row of bright shining faces. Yep, the Queen and I had a project. We were going to teach these children...Unity Songs. (Aging Hippie Reference) I kept remarking how I couldn't believe we were doing this, we were the same size (I wish), and what a good thing we were doing for these children. Teaching them about "unity" and all.

Unfortunately, when I woke up I was unable to remember one of the "unity" songs that we had taught them. The only thing that went through my mind was the old Coke commercial. "I'd like to teach the world to sing..." But, how many of you spent your evening doing something as worthwhile with whichever star you were dreaming about?

This is becoming a habit with me. A couple of weeks ago, I dreamed I was having bbq with Tom Waits and we were singing in a campground. To be honest, my voice makes Tom sound great!

I think the sixties had quite a profound affect on me and I am just now beginning to pay the price.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dream of Dane Cook, my favorite celeb, but we're never doing anything charitable. ;-)

Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com

DementedPhotographer said...

hmmmmm ... are you sure that was THIS new years? ;)

-G

C said...

Okay. I dream of Ben Affleck. Alot. Not really hot and horny x rated dreams. Dreams where i kiss him, or more recently he kissed me. and it is gooooood. that guy is HOT. The slobbier he looks the more i hanker for him. grrrrrrrrrr. I hope i have another one tonight.

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...