Saturday, January 08, 2005

ON THE BREAKUP AND OTHER THINGS

Oh, the sorrow and sadness. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston have separated. My life will never be the same. They are committed to remaining friends and have nothing but the utter respect for each other. Give me a fuckin' break. Every relationship that I have had ended badly. If we had been friends and had nothing but the utter respect for each other, we would still be together. Admittedly, I wasn't the best "picker" when it came to having relationships, but, when they were done, they were done. But, I digress from what the real point of this post is to be.

I hate "Pretty Men." Look at those faces up there. Brad Pitt, Ricky Nelson and Troy Donahue, for those of you not old enough to remember. What is the problem with them? They are prettier than most of the women on the face of the planet. It creeps me out. I want a man to look like a man. Give me some character, give me some scars, stubble, and uncombed hair over those guys up there who look like they took someone's estrogen. If I want a woman, I'll go get me one...but when I want a man, I want a real man! Capice?

9 comments:

DementedPhotographer said...

Hmmmm ... taking inventory.
Scars? check.
Stubble? check.
Uncombed hair? check.

yep, I'm still male.

-G

Jenny said...

I agree wholeheartedly - pretty men do nothing for me at all.

Anonymous said...

ummm..gimme a thug anytime...

heavenlyankh

C said...

okay i was bummed about the break up. I was waiting for thier ridiculously good looking children. But he is too pretty.

Anonymous said...

I could never date a man that was prettier than me. Something about that is just wrong.

Catt
http://cativa.blogspot.com

M. said...

Pretty men all seem to have some sort of homosexual tendencies. I have a gay friend and he always talks about being pretty. ALWAYS. And he is pretty. I've never met a pretty guy I wanted to date though.

Ignatius M. Dedd said...

I hearby declare this blog BOOKMARKED!

(sound of gavel)

Janet said...

Well, I think we can tell who gets the friends in this relationship from your point of view.:)

Webmiztris said...

lol - Brad Pitt TOTALLY has the stubble and uncombed hair. It's only for photo shoots that they clean him all up. Normally he's Chewbacca. Rawr!

Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...