Wednesday, December 15, 2004


MARTHA STEWART I AM NOT...

I thought I was being so cool by getting the easiest recipe I could find from the internet to make cookies for the office "cookie sharing experience." Well, I blew it...I copied this great peanut butter recipe off of a blog and pasted it into word and e-mailed it to myself and was as cocky as a Martha-wannabe could possible be. That is until I noticed that I had not copied the entire recipe. I was missing the number of tablespoons of softened butter I needed. I know it is somewhere between 2 tablespoons and a quarter of a cup. That's it. I could start with two and see how that works out, but I don't really want to spend a lot of time doing this. That was the whole idea behind swiping someone else's recipe.

So, your job...HELP ME! The recipe consisted of peanut butter, softened butter, powdered sugar mixed together, formed into balls to be dipped into melted chocolate. Sounds easy. If any of you have any recipe that looks like this and requires no cooking...send it my way. I have until Monday to reprieve myself for having eaten all of the other cookies that everyone else brought in. I hate sharing...my cookies come from a box, bag, stand, or someplace where someone else has prepared them. Thanking you all in advance, I will be checking my e-mail hourly and let you all know of the success or failure.

You know, I could buy some of those damned green and red Oreos and use them, couldn't I?

2 comments:

Kirkkitsch said...

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,peanut_butter_cookes,FF.html

http://www.anniesrecipes.com/Kitchen/peanutbutter.htm

http://www.nikibone.com/recipe/peanutbutter.html

Maybe one of these will help. They all have reciped for "no cook' peanut butter balls/cookies/fudge, etc.

And if push comes to shove, buy a bag of those pretzel twists, a can of cream cheese frosting (or sour cream frosting....or whatever flavor you like) and some red/green cookies sprinkles.

Lay the pretzels on wax paper, microwave the frosting until it can be poured, then get a spoon an ladle over the pretzles. You can coat 'em or you can drizzle it. (if you try to dip em' they will just break off in the frosting) Then sprinkle with sprinkles. Let harden, then take them off the wax paper and put them in a box, tin, tray, etc. Fast, inexpensive "homemade" and no cooking.

:)

Suzanne said...

Geez, that peanut butter cookie recipe is not what I'd call "easy". Anything that requires dipping in chocolate that first has to be melted gets labeled "not very easy" in my book.

However those pretzels and cream cheese frosting, now that sounds easy! And tasty too. :)

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...