Monday, December 27, 2004

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT I DID
There are a couple of things going on here. The first is that I finally figured out how to connect photos in the crummy, pre-installed Photoshop 2. The only reason it is really crummy is because every time I tried the "Help" option it connected me or tried to connect me to the website and froze up my computer. So, I just put my thinking cap on and after two months figured it out myself. Who needs those damn tech nerds anyway.

The second thing that is going on is I am going to share some things with you. The first is the picture of my desk at the magazine. Things you can't see include: My screensaver with a Girls Kick Ass as the central theme...the toy...a Hunchback of Notre Dame plastic figure from the days when I ate at fast food restaurants, a small Buddha, and a crown. Because I am a Princess, I get a crown.

There is a bunch of other crap, I mean there are a lot of other treasures there, but the telling point is found in all the post-its around the screen to remind me what I am supposed to do for my money.l

The next picture is of two gifts I received this holiday. The dancing, singing chicken scares me. The reason it scares me is because the person who gave it to me is a very nice woman and when I saw it she said, "I don't know, it just reminds me of you." I think if it had its head cut off it would be more representative of how I behave. The molded dolphins with waves and glitter came from Caden. He was so excited, he had to tell me that he even paid $3 for it. The chicken was immediately re-gifted to Caden and I had no problem not telling him I didn't spend a dime for it. Now, the real scary thing. That is the second dancing chicken I have gotten in the past two years. The next time I bend over, I am putting a mirror in one hand and checking to see if I have suddenly started growing feathers around my ass.

The last picture is of the calendar that the Chinese restaurant that I get the best won ton soup from gave me. It is horrendous. All of the little animals that adorn it have one round spot in one eye and slashes in the other. What does this mean? Is it some anime thing I am missing? But, upon opening the calendar, it only gets worse. The same animals are the pictures and the months are placed two on a page with the squares so small a fortune from one of their tasteless cookies wouldn't fit into it.

So, that is part of the story of my holiday. It leaves out working at Bunns and Noodles on Christmas Eve and the Day after Christmas. Both are experiences that you need a great deal of fortitude or a giant doobie to endure. I'm not telling.

The highlight of the holiday for me was that Caden and Tina came out to the house. I had gotten Caden a $30 DVD player. (Can you believe that, $30 dollars, I am really showing my age since I remember the first Video Tape Player I got cost about $600.) I hooked it up in his room before he got here and wrapped up a roll of toilet paper and a dill pickle and let him open that. He tried so hard to be thankful I was almost in tears. Then he noticed the note. I had set up a hide and go seek game which required that he find all of the clues and follow them. This led him to the office, the bathroom, and the refrigerator. He was so excited that when he came tearing around the corner he slipped on the wooden floor, picked himself up, said he wasn't hurt and went tearing off after the next clue in less than 3 seconds. When he finally got to the present he was as funny a kid as I have ever seen. Bouncing on the bed and screaming. Yeah, got his Granny's self control.

So that was my holiday, I hope all of yours were as wonderful.

No comments:

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...