Monday, December 20, 2004

ONE DOWN, ONE TO GO
Yesterday was a pseudo-madhouse. I have this unfounded belief that customers lurk in the corners of stores and collectively say, "Look's like they got their breath, let's storm them now!" I picture those hordes of Mongols crossing the Alps as they all start to demand attention at once.
I was so tired last night that I missed the 10 o'clock news where the report of the Zamboni blew up at a local rink during a broomball game.

The scary thing about this was that earlier in the day there were children's hockey games going on and the results could have been far more disastrous. One person was injured, although, not seriously but the Zamboni is toast, so to speak.

I work again on Friday (Xmas Eve) at Bunns and Noodles, but that is the day the store is filled with men. With glazed eyes, drool from the corner of their mouths, they storm the store in a last minute frenzy...they will buy anything. I try and steer them away from self improvement and cookbooks...those would piss me off. I got an iron as a gift one time and managed to throw it at the wall in such a way thay it pierced the sheetrock and hung there. Again, I ask, do you wonder why I'm single?

So, Friday will be gift card day, anything day, and Thank Goodness I don't work at Victoria's Secret. (I think they have a rule about working there...clothes have to fit on at least one part of the salesperson's body.)

Onward and upward.

3 comments:

Salsguy said...

Sounds like you're gung ho, go get em, ready for Friday. Have a good one, and Merry Xmas.

DementedPhotographer said...

Zamboni.

Toast.

Does it say anything that I find that incredibly humorous?

-G

Rozanne said...

Great blog--I've been reading it for a while.

I have a head cold, so it took me a while to decode Bunns and Noodles--great pseudonym for it.

Good luck on Xmas Eve. Be sure to blog about it.

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...