Saturday, November 13, 2004

THINGS I AM GOING TO DO TODAY (EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!)
I knew I was in trouble this morning when I woke up and found that it was 7 AM and all I could think about was the internet, blogexplosion, checking my new friends by going through all the links on my page, and doing it all while drinking the first of many cups of coffee. Then I looked around. Uh, how about that laundry? Cleaning the bathroom? Cleaning and mopping the kitchen? Finishing those three books that I have in progress? Okay, that would be pretty impossible, but the rest aren't. I have made a commitment to myself...easy to break, but more important that "I probably should...(fill in the blank.)

Here are my commitments:

  • Laundry (Even with 33 pairs of underwear and 27 pairs of socks, one can run low on them!)
  • Clean kitchen and mop. (Stove, countertops, refrigerator and mop...yeah, right!)
  • Clean bathroom. (I don't know how many more days I can look at that dried toothpaste in the sink and
    spots of spittle and toothpaste on the mirror. You'd be surprised how long I have been able to ignore it for the quest of blogs.)
  • Clean pet areas. (Washing slimy dog spit off of surrounding furniture that is spread when Old Piss Eyes sees me heading for the dog food.)
  • Expanding the usable space on my bedroom floor from four square feet to at least 5.5 square feet. (I was going to say 6, but even I know my limitations.)
  • And, finally, take all of the blogmarked blogs I have on blogexplosion and put them in my sidebar. I
    keep finding that the ones I find most amusing keep getting tossed for whatever reason. (The latest being Shut Up Ed.)
  • And, sometime after all of that will I finally allow myself the privilege of mini-corn dogs and mac and cheese for dinner and the Surfing of the blogs to recommence. (Junk food rules after a day of hard work.)
And, why do you ask, is this such a horrible experience? Because all I want to do is lay in bed all day with the laptop and play like I have no responsibilities. Sometimes being a grown-up sucks the big one.

4 comments:

Michele said...

To quote Bart Simpson: "it sucks and blows at the same time."

Unknown said...

I'm just impressed that you've counted all of your underwear and socks.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

It will take me ages to get all my blogmarked blogs in my sidebar. (especially since blogger is so tempermental these days with republishing the whole site)

Have a great weekend!

DementedPhotographer said...

Okay, I've gotta ask: How'd you do? Finish the list?

-G

I watched this film today and am amazed at the resilience of some in this world. These children live in the red light district of Calcutta w...